• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mistral FP in a Pine Cone Hybrid Blank

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Today saw me start the most "erse clenching" order to date, after an old workmate wanted 4 "high end" fountain pens.

After discussing the build options with him he chose Mistrals from "Beaufort Ink" and a variety of hybrid blanks from George Watkins over at "From The Tree".

As I'm new to this, I'm glad to get the first one thru the process with few issues, I did have a piece of cone come away from the end of the tube on the final pass with the tool, leaving a gap showing the tube of approx 1-2mm, filled it with CA and sawdust, sorted.

A CA finish to it as I'm more confident in doing this than applying an acrylic lacquer, I'm in the process of sorting that out, but I don't want to mess these up by experimenting.

I have 5 Mistral kits and blanks, so I have 1 in reserve, should the worst happen, fingers, toes and whatever else I have more than 1 of are crossed in the hope it's not needed!!!

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Nice job and a good save, hope the rest go easier for you with no troubles.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I saw this on FB and it is a cracker.....i love that blank...its got some lovely colour and the cones:thumbs::thumbs:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
New to this? Yeah, right:bwink: That gorgoeus blank must have been a baptism of fire then. All that buttock clenching paid off though - you have achieved a beautiful result Freck

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
One pen that reminds me of an old master painting on the wall of a gallery. Outstanding pen indeed from the stable of George. The pen kit picks up the vibes and compliments the overall pen with ease Freck.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).