• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mistral & Redwood

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
As part of my last order from Beaufort Ink, I decided to try a few kits. I had been admiring the results people were getting with the Mistral (in various models and finishes), but I was more interested in the reviews people were giving the kit quality. I will say that the Mistral kit I purchased was - hands down - the nicest twist pen kit I have had in my hands to date. The parts were all absolutely perfect. Plating was lovely. The mechanics - threading, mechanism and all - were as neatly done as I have seen. My only regret is that Phil doesn't have a local store within driving distance. (It takes about eight days for packages to me from Scotland, the blame for which seems to fall firmly with my nation's Customs Office.) This one is gold with brushed gold accents. The wood is stabilized lace redwood burl with a CA finish.

Mistral & Laced Redwood Burl.jpg

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
My word, you have been busy Greg. Another cracking pen from your stable. Thanks for your kind words about the kit too - I'm delighted you like it.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).