• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Morse Taper Adapters

Thomaskflynn

Apprentice Member
First Name
Thomas
Hey guys, I'm new to both this website and the world of woodturning so excuse the lack of know how!

I recently order a pen turning mandrel and when looking up what MT my lathe was I accidentally looked at an alternative model which was a different MT to my own. So I now have a mandrel with 2 MT and a lathe with 1 MT, is it possible to get an adapter to correct this issue? And if so do any of you guys have any links to such adapters? :pray:

Thanks guys,

Thomas

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
i dont think that you will get an adaptor. You would be better to try and exchange the mandrel, or sell it and buy the correct one. If you list it on here, somebody will want one and I doubt that you will lose much on it.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You can get adapter to take a 1MT in a 2MT or a 2MT into A 3MT bore, but you can't squash a 2MT into a 1MT. Out it down to experience and buy a better lathe or maybe just a new 1MT mandrel. You could put the 2MT one you bought up for sale here on the Forum.

Peter

Thomaskflynn

Apprentice Member
First Name
Thomas
You can get adapter to take a 1MT in a 2MT or a 2MT into A 3MT bore, but you can't squash a 2MT into a 1MT. Out it down to experience and buy a better lathe or maybe just a new 1MT mandrel. You could put the 2MT one you bought up for sale here on the Forum.

Peter

That's what I feared, thanks for your help anyway!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thomas good morning here welcome mate. Bewildering things adapters every time you add or subtract using them its another worry source better to start again, play catch up. What lathe do you have? Ireland is a big area which is your area. Not long back we have a new member from Donegal and using Google we found heaps of help for him in his area with Wood groups and friendly people. These folks can steer you through the early stages.As for money last night we three at present in my place went to a very ordinary footy club to celebrate a mate of mines 90th birthday, very ordinary meal, shared cost was 120 for me at 40 a head (surprise).

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).