• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Motorbikes

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Well I never looked like that on a bike we used to call the bugs protein and better if you had a beard as it doubled the catchment area. Now the next question will show I an getting old that is asking about the bike instead of whats sitting on it is that an old beamish Suzuki?

View attachment 31311

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Had to hang my leathers up in 2012 needed to sell the bike and my truck in order to get over to see my old Mum in Australia who had been diagnosed with cancer it was good to get some quality time with her and apart from the sad news it was a great trip manged to see a few sites in China on the way and managed a road trip in California on the way back, Must admit I miss my bikes have had many European road trips well into double figures where I ended up on point most of the time met many friends who I still see now and again.View attachment 31316

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Love it, any yes my leathers don't fit any more either. My Belstaff is in the loft, I often think it may get used for fancy dress by my kids or grand kids one day..

Can only hope as I'm never going to get on a bike for a long time.:rolling:

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
Proteins good right ? :)

Luckily my leathers still fit, just, but I suspect I'll need to actually start exercising a bit now to keep it that way. Missed the bike this year, other items have gotten in the way both, literally in the sense that the bike is currently blocked in by my old lathe that I must get around to selling.

Looking forward to getting out again next season that, nothing quite like blasting around the passes the lakes in the wee hours before the tourists wake up and fill the roads with mobile chicanes :bwink:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
I sold my last bike in 2008-9. A US GS850 import
The bike on the book cover looks like an old Suzuki TS

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks for the memories fellas I sold my bike to buy Wilmas engagement ring then before we married I bought a 1927 Model A Tourer such a sweet ride as well.

Peter.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Ah the old Africa twin good bikes one of my Austrian friends has one he went up to Nordkapp on it last year with my pal up the road from me have not riden one but have riden its baby brother the Transalp I have had BMW GS's and my last bike the one I sold was a 1150 RT. Have riden round the lake district a few times Greg liked Hardknott pass my favoutite pass as with most of the bikers in europe is Stelvio (Stilfser Joch) and favourite road because it is fast and sweeping is the route Napoleon (N85) favourite gorge is Gorges du Verdon just off the N85

Winemaker

Registered
First Name
Tom
Had one bike a 150 cc after nearly hitting the back of a Mini and near miss with a Police car head on :thinks::thinks: thought time to get a car :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).