• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Moving

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi all,
Well after 16 years in the same job, it's time to move on (redundancy). I have been very fortunate to have set up a woodworking workshop and been able to turn in my lunch or after work, not anymore at the moment (or at least until I set up another.) It's taken over a week to move tools and blanks and I have only found 1 rouge 7mm bushing not bad ehh.... Time to look for another container!

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_143100.jpg
    IMG_20230811_143100.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20230811_143051.jpg
    IMG_20230811_143051.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 35

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
@flexi ….

Unfortunately/fortunately….
So I’m afraid I’m in the same boat job wise (17yrs and a month when I leave), but don’t have anything new yet, however my garage is my workshop so at least I don’t have to move that….
All the best mate…. A quote from a friend in the same boat as us…. ‘Good things happen to good people’
I know it was just a numbers thing by some non-people person looking at spreadsheets, and I’m hoping he meant we were good people, so hopefully the next opportunity ends up being better!

Padster

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Good luck Mark.

Amazing to see your adapted shipping container. Is it true that, after being in there turning pens for a few hours, when you come out you’re always in a different country? 😊

Here’s hoping you get set up in a new workshop very soon!

Cheers
Ash

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
Sorry to hear about the redundancy, i went through that in 2001, it was not good. Got another job straight away but hate the guy i worked under. Got myself another job and stayed there till I retired in 2013.
Hope yours turns out better

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Sad news mate. Hope you have the workshop up and running soon. If you get withdrawal symptoms and need of some therapy then a day out down here may help tea supplied FOC:whistling:

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Feel for you Mark, really do.
Been down that road a few times, got so fed up went self employed, now run my own company and haven't looked back since.
(Mind have a total Ar$e of a Boss though) :thinks: :lmao: