• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

my 2nd Hybrid bowl

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Another very nice bowl, what is the scale, Roy?

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Well done Roy, i know these ain't to easy to make my friend .. Great effort and a very nice bowl indeed .. :thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I agree with Chas. Fortunately I know Brendon from another site.

Good job did you use a pot to cast or just pour into the mould

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
I agree with Chas. Fortunately I know Brendon from another site.

Good job did you use a pot to cast or just pour into the mould
I use a pressure pot 60psi left it for in for 24 hours took it out and put it to one side to fully cure for a week before turning,it would have been slightly deeper but I got a bit heavy handed and chipped a chunk off the rim and had to cut it back :sob:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Different approach Roy, colourful cheap way to make bowl material. Liked the reference from others re Brenden love the accent. His use of triple EEE is no surprise for me been using it forever it seems.

Peter

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
That's a clever way to use small pieces. The colours are nice. Is there a finish on it?
the only finish is a wax one I had to apply a little CA here and there as some parts of the wood were a bit powdery then I sanded it to 600 used sanding sealer then polished it with wax

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I like that Roy:thumbs:

Reall stunner and excelent colour in my opinion.

I have seen the method but never tried it out. Looking at the results it's another one of those. Must try jobs in the future. Only problem is I seem to have enough to fill the encyclopaedia Brittanica at the moment..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).