• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My B'Day present came yesterday

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
That looks really nice Peter.
I might have a go at making something similar!
All I'll need then is some one who makes decent pens to put them in it.:funny:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That looks really nice Peter.
I might have a go at making something similar!
All I'll need then is some one who makes decent pens to put them in it.:funny:

If you can make them I will buy each one you make for £50.00 but only as long as the quality is there. Don't worry about the pens, I am sure we can get Farhan to supply you.

Peter

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
i also tempted to make one of these
i know is a bit cheapskate
but reckon would be a good project
are the drawers DT or butt joint ?

Steve

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
i also tempted to make one of these
i know is a bit cheapskate
but reckon would be a good project
are the drawers DT or butt joint ?

Steve

Butt, but you could alway use DT if you prefer. I don't think it is cheapskate to make your own, if I ever get the benches clear and can get the router table up there and buy a planer-thicknesser I will definitely be trying my own, although I would be happy enough to pay for another one having seen it.

Peter

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
Butt, but you could alway use DT if you prefer. I don't think it is cheapskate to make your own, if I ever get the benches clear and can get the router table up there and buy a planer-thicknesser I will definitely be trying my own, although I would be happy enough to pay for another one having seen it.

Peter

i think what u got is worth every penny
there is a lot of work in that
if u cost materials labour etc it adds up to lots
simple things like the acrylic holders would take some time on their own

Steve

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
i think what u got is worth every penny
there is a lot of work in that
if u cost materials labour etc it adds up to lots
simple things like the acrylic holders would take some time on their own

Steve

So do I Steve.There was a spare Acrylic holder as you call them as one of the acrylic holders has "Kaweko LICENSE TO WRITE Germany since 1883" on the acrylic, it's nicely done, but it's nice to have the spare. The holders are quite simple really. There is also the swivel base.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Secret herbs and spices mate (Kentucky Fried Cardboard). Just coming out of XXX Strong Painkillers. I try to revue all posts no internet in my hospital bed.

Peter.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Secret herbs and spices mate (Kentucky Fried Cardboard). Just coming out of XXX Strong Painkillers. I try to revue all posts no internet in my hospital bed.

Peter.

Are well at least you have an excuse. :whistling: Hope you recover soon mate

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The let down from Hospital yesterday is tempered by knowing there are people out there seeking for possible errors,all in good humour. One of the last cards in the pack is dementia when one forgets a name etc and only between friends, no excuses, write with words not those weird symbols below. I expect the same attention to be given to my pens when I can resume you two. Great to be retired fellas. Happy Easter.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).