• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My latest attempt at a video LOL

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
LOL! Woody, you rock! Well done, matey! Nice to see your old mug and hear those East End vowels again! Those were the days, right, me old codger?

Bob.

Jim

Grand Master
Great to see you back making the videos Woody, as always they are very informative my friend .. :wink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Well said and done Woody that old adage a picture is worth more than a lot of words. When combined video and words show simply how it is where its at.

Over the years this could be a primer for all of us. Keeping it simple mate. Thanks for doing this.

Peter.

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Many thanks Woody, I saw you tightening the lock on the tailstock quill and it's something I've never realised should be done, it will be from now on though.:thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
A nice video Woody.
If you don't tighten the quill lock Freck you will get unnecessary vibration, which you don't want

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
If you don't tighten the quill lock Freck you will get unnecessary vibration, which you don't want

Many thanks Bill, it genuinely never occured to me to lock it, may explain a few intermitant inacuracies I've been scratching my "napper" over!!!!

L33

First Name
Lee
I use a slightly different scraping method...it's not one I've seen before but it's similar to the way you use your scraper. I rough the blank down to size with the gouge...then I take my skew and lay it flat onto the rest. My Skew is a 45 degree skew so I turn the skew to 45 (but still flat on the rest) so that the cutting edge is parallel to the blank and slightly below the centre line. Then I simply offer the tool to the blank slowly and it looks like a pencil being sharpened when done correctly.

Not sure if that's a recognised method...but I like the fact that on the video it say 'what ever works for you...' So hopefully it's fine :)

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
You must have been taking acting lessons Woody mate. Great entertainmant though I had to rewind when I thought you said " you don't need a big arse" to realise you said "arsenal" :funny::funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I use a slightly different scraping method...it's not one I've seen before but it's similar to the way you use your scraper. I rough the blank down to size with the gouge...then I take my skew and lay it flat onto the rest. My Skew is a 45 degree skew so I turn the skew to 45 (but still flat on the rest) so that the cutting edge is parallel to the blank and slightly below the centre line. Then I simply offer the tool to the blank slowly and it looks like a pencil being sharpened when done correctly.

Not sure if that's a recognised method...but I like the fact that on the video it say 'what ever works for you...' So hopefully it's fine :)

It wouldnt do for us alll to be the same some use it on the top of the blank

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
wow it worked, been trying to put this up for a few days.

As for your vowels nuffin rong wiv em.

This we hail from the same place.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).