• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My pen, Jr Gent II / Snake Skin

Edward Po

Very nicely made pen Edward, I like the gold hardware and think it suits the blank.:thumbs::thumbs:
Do you have snakes in Singapore?

A very queer question, yes you can still find snake which is mostly python in Singapore. Although Singapore is a city state, we still have a lot of wood land and forest! Of course to see snake real close up, you have to go to the zoo!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Snake don't make me shake with fear. In fact, I love them because it is a very lovely creature!

Especially when fried. mmmmm snake and chips mmmm

Peter

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
A very queer question, yes you can still find snake which is mostly python in Singapore. Although Singapore is a city state, we still have a lot of wood land and forest! Of course to see snake real close up, you have to go to the zoo!

As a snake lover I was curious,Because I knew that the Island is small 45 mile wide if my memory is correct and as you put a city state.

Edward Po

As a snake lover I was curious,Because I knew that the Island is small 45 mile wide if my memory is correct and as you put a city state.

You didn't get your facts correct, Singapore is only 45km at the widest part of the island. Also, although we are a city state, the government has a policy of retaining green whenever possible. As for snake, most of it are harmless and it tend to stay in the forest or woodland. Once in a while, residents staying at the edge of forest will of snake as visitor. Just last night on the national news, it was reported that a huge python with a length of 2.5M was found sleeping in the kitchen of one of the home. Police was informed and came to removed it for release into our water catchment area.

Edward Po

Especially when fried. mmmmm snake and chips mmmm

Peter

Asian especially the chinese, love snake cooked in all style. Just to side track from pen turning: while on one of my many trips to southern China, My chinese business partner and myself was serve with a huge (2M) king cobra for dinner. With that length of snake it was cooked in fry, steam, hotpot etc.....l luckily it wasn't serve raw! For the record, I don't like it.

Just a thought, perhaps the skin used in the blank for my commissioned pen comes from the snake that landed up in the pot.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Asian especially the chinese, love snake cooked in all style. Just to side track from pen turning: while on one of my many trips to southern China, My chinese business partner and myself was serve with a huge (2M) king cobra for dinner. With that length of snake it was cooked in fry, steam, hotpot etc.....l luckily it wasn't serve raw! For the record, I don't like it.

Just a thought, perhaps the skin used in the blank for my commissioned pen comes from the snake that landed up in the pot.

I don't think so, David says the snake skin blanks are from shed skins, so they lack colour and no snakes are harmed.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).