• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My very first pen set

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I found this very old photo today of my very first pen set from Craft supplies in Millers dale Derbyshire which dont exist any more
180.JPG

Ratty

First Name
David
Nice set, how long ago would that have been made?

Was a great shop loved looking around and spending way to much. Lots on the nets of wood they always had at good prices.

Dave

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It was a very long time ago Dave I alway got given the bags of wood when they gave them away if you spent over £100 one bag had Amboyna burr bowl blanks in it

Jim

Grand Master
Damn nice set Woody .. Are these the same crew that moved near Bakewell? I recall visiting them a few times there .. :thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Damn nice set Woody .. Are these the same crew that moved near Bakewell? I recall visiting them a few times there .. :thinks:

Thats them Jim first by the river at millers dale just of the A6 on the way to Buxton then they moved to Tideswell and that was the finish of them shame they stocked a vast selection of wood

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
It's with happiness and sadness that I read this post Grandad. I used to spend many happy hour with my dad at millers dale and latterly at Bradwell.

I remember the sets well, they look superb and done a good job of them as we would have expected.

Thanks for the memory trip.

Pierre

Fellow
First Name
Pierre
It's with happiness and sadness that I read this post Grandad. I used to spend many happy hour with my dad at millers dale and latterly at Bradwell.

I remember the sets well, they look superb and done a good job of them as we would have expected.

Thanks for the memory trip.

Sadly Eamonn here's what's left or rather before it went up for auction Craft Supplies, Millers Dale - May 2012

PG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).