• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Never would have guessed

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
I never would have guessed that my first ride of the year would be Feb 18th. 67 degrees today. Perfect temp for riding. Nice weather predicted through next Tue.

Attachments

• IMG_20170218_155326.jpg
    IMG_20170218_155326.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 61

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
I'm glad the weather was kind and made it happen Terry, more of the same please.....:thumbs:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
I have had a few moments in my bike riding experience in the cold where I realized my butt could grip a seat the first one hearing the ABS going off on my GS slowing down approaching a roundabout and hitting black Ice managed it just sideways. The second riding over Stelvio Pass just as they cleared it and fighting with black ice with water running over it on the apex of the hairpins and the worst was getting caught on top of the pass going through Andorra from Spain to France in a blizzard could only use the back brake very gingerly and had to stop every minute to try and clear my visor of frozen snow.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have had a few moments in my bike riding experience in the cold where I realized my butt could grip a seat the first one hearing the ABS going off on my GS slowing down approaching a roundabout and hitting black Ice managed it just sideways. The second riding over Stelvio Pass just as they cleared it and fighting with black ice with water running over it on the apex of the hairpins and the worst was getting caught on top of the pass going through Andorra from Spain to France in a blizzard could only use the back brake very gingerly and had to stop every minute to try and clear my visor of frozen snow.

SCary stuff change of underwear really situations Bob.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
WE are having a pleasant glitch in temps 5C this morning up to 25C later building up again during the week such a relief after the high thirties to fourties for some time now. Bushfires locally took out 15 homes adjacent to Canberra just a few days past, high winds and temps scary this time of the year. Soon be our turn to complain about the cold.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).