• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New Home Progress

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Question Ray the multi welded bracing in the pics, what happens next,do they stay,how is the space utilised?

All the best Peter.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Question Ray the multi welded bracing in the pics, what happens next,do they stay,how is the space utilised?

All the best Peter.

The bracing will be removed once the cabin sides and roof are in place. They will then coat the floor with bitumen paint and lay a roofing type felt over that and then pack the bilge with four or five layers of bricks for ballast. The interior will then be battened out to take the ply lining and be spray foamed for insulation. I think they also apply a coat of primer to interior steel. It will then be lined with oak veneer marine ply. The rest of the interior bulkheads will be oak veneered block board. Starting at the stern, there will be the engine room, then the bedroom, followed by a walk-through bathroom, the galley and Pullman style dinette and the lounge. There is a lot more detail I could go into and I have spent many hours researching things to make sure we get the boat how we want it for living aboard. It will be fairly bespoke, but there are things I would've liked to have had but couldn't for cost reasons. One was a fully hydraulic drive system that would have added over £20,000.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).