• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New Home

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
A great boat for a great dream Ray. I look forward to seeing the inside. My best wishes to you both on your new journey.:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
That speed you mention is about the speed I do in my Disability Scooter Ray I sure had to adjust to my cruising speed in the shopping mall etc.

Peter.

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
You should do at least a week to get a proper idea of boating on the canals. We’ve managed a 90 mile round trip in a week, which I know sounds crazy when you can do a 90 mile trip in a car in a matter of hours, but at 3 or 4 mph it’s 7 days of cruising upwards of 7 hours a day. :love_it:

I would like to hire up at the Llangollen canal and take in the sites from the Pontcysyllte aqueduct.

I wish you all the best in your new home.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I would like to hire up at the Llangollen canal and take in the sites from the Pontcysyllte aqueduct.

I wish you all the best in your new home.

It’s a wonderful canal and you’ll never forget the first time you go across the stream in the sky. There are plenty of hire bases on the Llangollen, there’s even day boat hire at the aqua duct as well as Anglo Welsh narrowboat hire on the Trevor side of the Pont. Hope you manage to do it one day. It’s a fab way to holiday.

fe051df7f75ca29ffdfe42a3775959e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pastor of Muppets

First Name
Andy
It’s a wonderful canal and you’ll never forget the first time you go across the stream in the sky. There are plenty of hire bases on the Llangollen, there’s even day boat hire at the aqua duct as well as Anglo Welsh narrowboat hire on the Trevor side of the Pont. Hope you manage to do it one day. It’s a fab way to holiday.

Just looking at that picture has set off my vertigo!

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I live about twenty minutes from the Ponycysysllte aqueduct and it’s an amazing structure but with my fear of heights I’ve never managed to walk across it fully. It’s even worse on a boat because there’s no handrail on one side just a sheer drop.

Pastor of Muppets

First Name
Andy
I live about twenty minutes from the Ponycysysllte aqueduct and it’s an amazing structure but with my fear of heights I’ve never managed to walk across it fully. It’s even worse on a boat because there’s no handrail on one side just a sheer drop.

Why on earth would you want to walk across??

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
[MENTION=482]rayf6604[/MENTION] just found some old photo's now promise not to laugh especially the last one(crikey was I that slim once).

This was travelling north from Rugby many moons ago with my parents had a great holiday on the boat.

Attachments

• photo003.jpg
    photo003.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 45
  • photo002.jpg
    photo002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 44
  • photo004.jpg
    photo004.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 41
  • photo005.jpg
    photo005.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 41
  • photo006.jpg
    photo006.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 44
  • photo007.jpg
    photo007.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 42
  • photo008.jpg
    photo008.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 43

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Fantastic, dig those flares man :thumbs:

Well it was over 34 years ago as just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary on the 31st December and this was before that

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

Certainly get a nice view there.:thumbs:

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Top Cat launched yesterday and now she lies on her mooring at the marina. Few snagging issues to be sorted next week but we should be moved aboard at the weekend. More pics of the inside to follow then as we have just dumped some things onboard last night and they need sorting out.

013ef1afbb0a8da9722e9b6492e336b3.jpg

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Now the adventure begins enjoy your new home and may many miles of water pass under her bow:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).