• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New kid on the block for Pen Blank Moulds!

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Come on Paul get your finger out and stop reading all these Aussie weather reports and get that website of yours up and running. :thumbs:

I know I'm bloody trying lol, I was working in the workshop most of yesterday getting stuff sorted & making jigs so we can make new "Less-Resin" Mould/Mold patterns a lot quicker & easier! then I was working on stuff to do with the website until 2am then up again at 7am :sob:

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Sorry guys, but i've been having major problems getting onto the forum over the last couple of days & the problems are still continuing at the moment (at first I thought the forum was down)! In the meantime if anyone wants to contact me with regards to these moulds I'm making or any other matter you can email me at paul@penblanksandmoulds.co.uk

Regards Paul

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Well we've done it, the website is now live!

It's still work in progress but it's a start, my first job is to remake the patterns for the block moulds using more suitable materials, then get the rest of the TM moulds sorted, after that I'll concentrate on some of the other popular moulds.

If there's any particular mould you are looking for let me know!

Regards Paul

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul,
Your moulds look great but why do the Less resin moulds have that cut out between the two tube areas? If I wanted to keep the resin separate from each blank is that possible?

Cheers

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul,
Your moulds look great but why do the Less resin moulds have that cut out between the two tube areas? If I wanted to keep the resin separate from each blank is that possible?

Cheers

Usually both parts of the pen are cast using the same resin, this makes it easier to do it in just one pour. Also it keeps the two parts together if the blank isn't going to be turned straight away.

If you want two separate sections you can add small piece of hdpe or mdf etc to blank it off.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).