• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

DaddyG

First Name
Graham
It's slightly over budget but the Charnwood W824 is variable speed and has indexing, list is £359 but when I asked my local supplier he gave me a good price which would take it to about £30ish over your £300 ish.

Hope that helps

Darth Davros

First Name
Martin
Thanks for your input chaps. As much as I would really like VS and a DRO would be very cool, I think I would prefer the quality of the Record Power DML305 over a cheaper lathe with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Newark show so no deals for me :sob:
As for the DML320 - £50 shy of double the cost of the 305 is way way out of my budget :2cry: Unless of course a lotto win happens then is shiny new lathes for everyone :fingers:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).