• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New lathe parts ordered

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Today I received 4 x 20" bowl blanks the largest I can go up to on my lathe without the outboard attachment is 16" at a struggle so what to do with 20" bowl blanks ping on come the light Violet (that's my wife) you know I have just spent £200 on them bowl blanks well I cant turn them why she says so out comes my spill I need the outboard attachment you didnt get when you purchased the lathe for me oh dear was the reply can you order it now dont know I will have a look OH yes but its another £200 can I buy it for you for Christmas says she well I dont know OK then it arrives tomorrow he he he dont you just love it when a plan comes together but heres the snag I have to wait till Christmas

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Look forward to seeing them big bowls, now you'll need some 36in blanks :thumbs:

I have done 36" before big bowls are nothing new to me they are just that bit harder nowadays and some big stuff I have given up on case of having to so I think maybe 24" is my max now got to bloody old lol

Jim

Grand Master
Not lost it my friend .. Sure it has something to do with being a smooth talker .. :winking:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I bet that will be in the shed and fitted by the end of the day that it arrives:face:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).