• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New Member From Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome on board, I hope you enjoy your stay.

My other hobby all started in Bletchley park! Amateur radio! There are others on here as well. Not sure where the connection comes in between penturning and radios though..😁

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi and welcome at the moment I am not doing a lot with wood but work in metal on a small project. I still make the odd bits and pieces and have enjoyed all of the time I have been a member so lets hope you find the same.
Just ask away as someone will possibly know the answer

MikeC

First Name
Michael Cowling

My other hobby all started in Bletchley park! Amateur radio! There are others on here as well. Not sure where the connection comes in between penturning and radios though..😁
Radios use Megawatts and pen turners use Mega Wads!!!
Mike

BIX010

Apprentice Member
First Name
Graham

Hi, Certainly Bletchley Park has changed dramatically over the last 5 years or so, it has become a very profitable business whereupon millions of pounds have been invested in making all exhibits more interesting. This of course attracts family's for a day out. 3 weeks ago they held the Ai conference there. Yes I do remember one of the outer buildings was used an amateur radio set up. Yes my interest in pen turning and collecting fountain pens started several years ago now and I am now looking to further my interest, one day I will own a Urushi fountain pen and still find the artisan Japanese makers fascinating to watch on You Tube.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Radios use Megawatts and pen turners use Mega Wads!!!
Mike
I wish! We actually hope to get an increase in power levels up to 1kw from a measly 400w.
While our European colleagues get anything up to 5kw, which is predominantly Italy. 🙄
But if you take mega wads as £, then radios use more to set up but less to run once you have the gear. But there is always something extra you need! 🤣

I enjoy both hobbies, but never seems enough time to get on either of them..🤪