• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New Member From East Lothian Scotland

Del71

Apprentice Member
First Name
Derek
Hi all
just getting back into this hobby after doubling the size of my shed to unearth my lathe that had been buried for about 5 years lol. av always liked mucking about with wood or wondering about fields shooting or fishing when i am not working on the railway oh and even had ago at metal detecting lol. Went to a local man to buy a benchtop sander, and came away with a record power c3 lathe after he let me have ago. One small bowl that he showed me how to turn, Turned into years of making sawdust, and the occasional bowl managed to appear out of all that dust and a good few pens. I put a question on FB the other day about glues to use for segmented pen blanks and a kind lad [Alan] sent me a link to your Forum. so I will start my time on this forum with the same question in my second post

thanks all Derek

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Welcome Derek

Re your question I like epoxy , araldyte specifically the slow setting one but many use superglue as polyurethane can blow through joints some have found 5 min epoxy is another good alternative

Have fun experimenting with laminating , merry christmas