• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New member from Shropshire

Islander

First Name
Jeffery
Already found information I needed, also have spent a few pounds on some blanks recommended in article. This site will be costing me a fortune at this rate!!! Just about to turn my first pen, hopefully many more to come with lots of grandchildren entering uni soon and will be needing writing equipment.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Welcome to the second most expensive hobby... And a warm welcome to the forum, glad we could be of help, looking forward to seeing what you have in mind :thumbs: :thumbs:

Islander

First Name
Jeffery
Completed first pen today. Transition not good but pen feels good in the hand. Really enjoyed this fellows tutorial. Yes I copied his pen design!
Have photo but cannot see how to post it.

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Welcome to the group.
Apart from giving away for raffles and relatives and friends. I have only sold about four. At present a have a case filled with wooden slimlines, another with fifteen wooden Sierras and about ten with coloured wood and a further case with 15 Streamline pens plus some bullet pens and a few acrylic pens. Wife wants to know why I have boxes of pens and blanks when I don't sell any..
She says should be on that program on TV regarding hoarders........

Islander

First Name
Jeffery
Welcome to the group.
Apart from giving away for raffles and relatives and friends. I have only sold about four. At present a have a case filled with wooden slimlines, another with fifteen wooden Sierras and about ten with coloured wood and a further case with 15 Streamline pens plus some bullet pens and a few acrylic pens. Wife wants to know why I have boxes of pens and blanks when I don't sell any..
She says should be on that program on TV regarding hoarders........
Not sure I would get away with that, something about more important things to do,

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Already found information I needed, also have spent a few pounds on some blanks recommended in article. This site will be costing me a fortune at this rate!!! Just about to turn my first pen, hopefully many more to come with lots of grandchildren entering uni soon and will be needing writing equipment.
This hobby is super expensive once you get going! However there’s just a chance that you’ll recoup a few quid every now and then with a few sales.
Welcome to the madness 👍😀

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
This hobby is super expensive once you get going! However there’s just a chance that you’ll recoup a few quid every now and then with a few sales.
Welcome to the madness 👍😀
Don’t know what you all mean ! 🤔. It’s not like your spending a fortune putting white balls down rabbit holes is it ?

Like ladies in shoe shops we regularly “save a fortune “ , and we make gifts for friends and SWMBO at intervals !

If you really want to economise fit a treadle to the lathe and tell em it’s exercise ! 🤣🤣🤣

Don‘t be put off Jeffrey remember it’s as much the fun of the journey as arriving at the destination ( everytime she navigates I mentally repeat this mantra many ,many times )