• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New member from Tyne & Wear

Ballistol

First Name
Garry
Hi there,
I’ve registered here following a conversation with an extremely helpful chap called Dave from Penkitzandbitz.
Having retired a while ago, I’m looking for new ways to fill in my time and learn new skills. I decided to make a basic bullet twist pen and immediately fell at the first hurdle when I realised the twist mechanisms i’d ordered didn’t fit a Parker refill 🤦🏻‍♂️.
I do have an engineering background but am completely new to this kind of thing so i hope you’ll bear with me if I ask some questions once I start off.
Any pointers towards designs or general advice will be gratefully received.
Thanks
Garry

Ballistol

First Name
Garry
Hi and welcome, ask away 👍
I’m quite possibly overthinking this, but here goes my starter for 10.
The twist mechanisms I have bought, are too small for the Parker type refill and I believe are intended for “slimline” refills.
If I look into the mechanism, I can see it moving back and forth as it is rotated, but how does this work?
My initial thoughts are the slimline refill looks too long to fit, does the refill pass right through the mechanism in use?
What twist mechanism should I be using to enable Parker refills to be used, which presumably means that it is wider than 7mm, so again must mean a bigger tube and hole needs to be drilled.

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Welcome to the madhouse... we like photos :nopics:

Did you buy a complete kit because normally you would get the refill - however I'm not really a bullet pen person but I'm sure @flexi will be along soon and this most likely in his playground :winking:

Regards

Padster

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
I assume that the transmission that you have is for a Slimline pen kit, so yes the refill ( cross style ) fits through the mechanism and screws tight.
I suggest that you get a few slimline or streamline kits from Dave and get in the way of making a pen.

If you get a cross style refill to suit the tramsmission you have all you need to make your bullet pen.

Also....welcome to the forum.

Alan

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi Garry,
Welcome to the forum, I love your user name very apt....
If your making bullet pens with real cases then there's an easy and a hard way....

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_180433.jpg
    IMG_20220429_180433.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 9

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Welcome to the family Garry. I live in County Durham. We can always have a cuppa and some workshop time to get you up and running.👍