• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New member saying Hi

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Hi all

Just joined the forum and understand I need to say hi first.

I am new to pen turning but not new to pens, one of my many hobbies is the restoration of vintage fountain pens so as I approach old age I needed to learn something new to help delay the onset of dementia, so pen turning was a natural path to follow, I have also started learning mechanical watch repairs as well. So giving the old fading grey cells a right old bashing.

Just been to my local Axminter store and returned with on of their small lathes and a pen turning kit so hope to start making chips soon.

I now doubt will have loads of questions, hopefully not too many stupid ones.

Bye for now, hope to chat soon.

Paul

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hello and welcome..
If you ask daft questions you might get daft answers.... But generally we are nice🤣🤣🤣

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
|Hi and welcome seems like your a sucker for punishment once you get hooked your a lost cause LOL have fun and enjoy your new journey

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Hi Paul - welcome to the forum, I'm fairly new to pen turning myself and these folk have been really kind and supportive of my efforts. Ask away, as there's no such thing as a 'stupid' question :-)

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hi Paul - welcome to the forum.
Don't worry that your questions might appear stupid. Absolutely every one here started where you are now, and if you don't know the answer, it's not a stupid question. So just ask - someone here will be able to help.

Pensman

First Name
Gman
Hi all

Just joined the forum and understand I need to say hi first.

I am new to pen turning but not new to pens, one of my many hobbies is the restoration of vintage fountain pens so as I approach old age I needed to learn something new to help delay the onset of dementia, so pen turning was a natural path to follow, I have also started learning mechanical watch repairs as well. So giving the old fading grey cells a right old bashing.

Just been to my local Axminter store and returned with on of their small lathes and a pen turning kit so hope to start making chips soon.

I now doubt will have loads of questions, hopefully not too many stupid ones.

Bye for now, hope to chat soon.

Paul
Hi Paul, fascinating! It’s a great back you’ve got. I don’t think you will have any issues with pen turning. Maybe you could combine both PT and mechanically sound fountain pens. Just go with the flow but, always r joy yourself. Welcome, a lot of good people on here with fantastic level of skills, who in sure would help you, if you needed it. Welcome!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).