• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New Series SpectraPly Autumn

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is a New Series ballpoint in gold. The blank is a SpectraPly called Autumn. This particular blank was stabilized by Terry G, and worked much better than the first SpectraPly blank I turned. The darker sanding dust didn't get stuck in the lighter layers, like the SpectraPly Blue Angel blank I turned. Thanks Terry!

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
Since the blank is stabilized, I decided to try just polishing it instead of putting a finish on it. That didn't work out. I think it picked up dirt from my MicroMesh pads, which I used dry. So I resanded it, and applied a CA finish using my handy dandy homemade Delrin bushings. It's far from the greatest CA finish, but it's my best so far. I polished it with Novus 3 and 2, and PlastX. I'm happy with it!

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
Thanks to John (fortress) for the suggestion of putting my finger in a plastic bag to apply the CA. I didn't get paper towel stuck to me this time!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I use the same type of shop towel for CA and I will use plastic from now on that occassional bleed of glue is a pain.

What a change having stabilise.

You went for gold and thats the reward.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).