• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New to Pen turning...and new to Penturners Forum

L33

First Name
Lee
Hi all...didnt even know these kind of sites existed and found this site by chance...posted something on UK Pen Turners on FB...saw a link to a pen website TM...had a quick look at the About Me page...and here I am :)

New to pen turning...but no stranger to woodwork in general...love to make stuff out of wood and enjoy posting some of my work on YT.

New to the lathe though, so Im hoping to improve my skills with practice, looking to join a turning club and recently took an interest in making pens. :)

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hi Lee - welcome aboard. I've just seen your canny organiser over on FB. To keep the spammers away you need to have posted 5 times here before you can upload photos, but after you've achieved that I'm certain others here will be interested in your organiser too.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the Forum.

Peter

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum. Loads of great advice to be found on here and some great banter.

I saw your post on FB and a very neat and tidy organiser indeed. It wouldn't take me long to chuff that up !

:thumbs:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Hello Lee and welcome to the Asylum for the lost and disturbed pen tuners mate, hope you enjoy it here as much as we do, great bunch here so you should be fine, enjoy it mate
..:thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Lee, welcome to our site. If you ain't here you are in a world of darkness! And don't forgot - we are not solely fixated on pens. We'll even look at wooden legs if you post them, LOL!

Bob.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Welcome Lee it will be good to see some of your work so post some when you get the chance

L33

First Name
Lee
Hi Lee - welcome aboard. I've just seen your canny organiser over on FB. To keep the spammers away you need to have posted 5 times here before you can upload photos, but after you've achieved that I'm certain others here will be interested in your organiser too.

Cheers Phil...the other day I was trying to CA a pen and it all went wrong when I couldn't find the bits I needed and in a flap I ended up with kitchen roll glued fast to the pen! So I made the organiser to keep all the bits I need to hand...hopefully no more mistakes :)

L33

First Name
Lee
Welcome Lee it will be good to see some of your work so post some when you get the chance

Hi...Im new to pen turning...and turning in general...but no stranger to woodwork. Done quite a few nice projects...I try and make things others haven't already, and love videoing them and putting them on YT. I didn't want to plug it as such on here as Im not sure of the forum rules etc...but if thats something that is allowed, them I'll be happy to let you know how to check out some of my work. Im not highly skilled or anything...but find woodworking therapeutic. I sell the odd things online and at craft fairs (only recently) but enjoy making the videos more than anything. :)

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).