• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Newbie Just started

Midnight_Turner

Registered
First Name
Miles
Hi Everyone, I'm Miles and I got a recommendation from Dave Goodwin of Pen Kitz and Bitz to join the forum, probably as a result of me asking him 100 and 1 questions all the time, but he has been awesome! So my main hobby is cricket, but now with a young family, permission to go out all day on a Sunday is rarely given, so I needed a new hobby that I could do at home. I am lucky enough to have a huge shed at the bottom of the garden, and I have always been interested in wood work, and a mate of mine gave me a load of tools for nothing so I started off on the journey.

I started off by buying some kits off eBay from Dave, completely messed it up, learned an awful lot, and so a couple of months later, here is the little collection I have built up:

IMG_5645.jpg

I've also done a priest, and a razor, but I'll put those in the other forum for comment.

Recently I aquired a bandsaw for the pricly sum of £10!!! It was in a sorry state, no plug, bent blade, rusted. After giving it some tlc, and a lot of WD40, and a new plug, I've managed to get it up and running, so all of my offcuts have now been trimmed down to very small pieces and I have glued them together yesterday, hopefully will drill it and set it tonight and turn it on the lathe tomorrow, I will post the result if it doesn't blow up in my face!!

Anyway, enough of me rambling on, back to work for now!!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the Forum:thumbs:

Peter

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Miles, welcome to the forums. .you will learn a lot from the experts on here they are awesome :thumbs:

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Hello Miles and welcome to the funhouse, you will learn a lot from the members here, I did, but of course, you never stop learning. nice collection of upside down pens Sir. :thumbs::thumbs::winking:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Miles indeed welcome to the forum from our recent mildest days in winter ever recorded. To view your pics it would help if you remove them and place them on a neutral background, look forward to seeing the whole pens mate. Liked the huge shed in your garden all the best in the forum.

Peter.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hi Miles & welcome :waver:

There's a good turning club not far from you at Greasley just past Selston on the way to Kimberley it meets every 2nd & 4th Wednesday if you're interested EVWA

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Another welcome here miles. Dave is a great bloke I am popping over to collect some pen kits from him tomorrow 5 minute job but can guarantee we will chin wag for a lot longer

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).