• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Newby

Brian

First Name
Brian
New to this forum. Hi one all, my name is Brian and am based in East Midlands, I’ve just started with pen turning, so am looking for ideas and advice.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi Brian,
Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions as we're a friendly bunch of people 😁😁

Brian

First Name
Brian
Hi Brian

Did you make the Newark show to pick up a few essentials then?

Some damm good turners displaying and demonstrating.
I did make to the show, thoroughly enjoyed strolling around, I picked up one or three kits lol. Was a little disappointed with the Charnwood stand, I thought I’d treat the wife to a roller ball pen, I chose one of the Elite kits. I saw a very nice looking blank, pale green and pink £6 and I thought she would like that immensely.
I then moved to the Chestnut stand alongside the Charnwood one as my brother was wanting some finishes, only for me to see the exact same blank for £4:50, somewhat surprised I got the blank out of my bag and peeled the price tag back only to reveal a £4:50 tag. I must say I was rather disgusted and I shall not be using Charnwood for any more of my bits, even if they are only up the road.

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Hi Brian and welcome to the forum, I too was at Newark which both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed. Shame about your Charnwood experience - it’s a big local name for us all in the East Mids though I’m further out now into Lincolnshire these days. 👍

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).