• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

nicknames

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
That's our Ed, we make allowances for the less fortunate these days.
It's called care in the community.
Much better than the asylum of old and of course wood turning wasn't an option for a hobby but cut throat razors were commonplace.
Beware the the PINK ---------

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Never had a nickname since primary school and the inevitable "Horlicks".

Being called Walter is bad enough, everyone has always expected me to be an old bloke of about eighty ever since my teens.

Parents with no imagination. Dad was called Walter and guess what his Dad was called.:rolling:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I was a technocrat in the early '90s when email was in its infancy and all the cool geeks (yeah, I know - an oxymoron) had 'handles' as email addresses. My best mate (Wayne) was 'wings'. Well I couldn't be David, now could I? I was reading a book called Steel Beach at the time and one of the bit characters was called JimJam. God knows why I chose it, but it's become my cyberspace persona ever since ...:nooidea:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Could be worse not sure if you remember Johnny Cash,s song called Sue a tough one for a bloke. I earned the nickname years ago of the Silver Fox because a major car manufacturer used that as a symbol I obtained one and glued it to the centre of the steering wheel.

A mate who owned a service centre with his two brothers and Father noticed at service time for my car and labelled me from that.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
Grumps is my fault he isn't grumpy at all he is cute and cuddly.
Cheeky Chops is his fault, that's what he calls me and so does everybody even my teachers.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).