• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Not what i wanted to hear

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Just had the doctor out to be told no standing for 8-12 weeks but could be longer also physiotherapy coming out twice weekly maybe three times starting this week. Bloody leg is killing me all to do with the spine.

I am not a happy bunny, may have to botch up somehow to turn sitting down.

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
Sorry to hear that Derek, I do hope you find a way to keep turning while getting sorted. Take it easy mate :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Plenty of Toys there Derek. Going through the mill myself for a while booked in for all sorts of tough stuff.

No probs in sitting down to turn mate I choose to always do this, no need to get fancy anything, I use a draughtsman swivel seat and sit above the lathe a little and can turn all day without discomfort. When I first decided to do this it was with an eye to efficiency, locating the press at eye height alongside etc I can turn,finish and assemble etc. Swivel around to my left and use my large Mill Drill.

All the best ....Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Derek pic taken during the changeover from VL100 to VL150 some time back but it shows my seated situation.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 46
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).