• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Nylon Polymer Pen Blanks

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
A lot of members have asked how to keep the braid from fraying and how to get the braid to match the pen components.
This is how I make my Braided Polymer Pen Blanks in order to match the components.

Les

Attachments

• Matching Nylon Braid to Pen Components.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 110

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for that Les, i didn't realise there was so much work involved my friend .. :thumbs:

If it is ok by you i will add this to the tutorial page? :thinks:

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
Thanks for that Les, another idea to add to the ever increasing to do list when I retire hopefully later this year

Robin

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
Thanks Les, very informative. I am going to attempt a carbon fibre sleeve pen fairly soon, and may give this method a shot - I imagine it will have the same issues with ends fraying.

Thanks again

Alan

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).