• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Offering a leg up to anyone 😊Huon pine etc

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Hi, not been around as was selling off my pen kits but then suffered a stroke last year which stopped me from any type of turning or much at all. Reasonable recovery but won't be turning anymore.

I still like viewing the posts and it was a post by Gadget that caught my eye as he mentioned Huon pine and the beautiful smell of it. So, I've got enough for people to have a go with it and it's burr as well 👍 I've attached a photo and also over a hundred pieces of Buckeye Burl 🙄 and other blanks, Amboyna, thuya, cocobolo etc etc. I will also have to sell my prized Axminster Trade 1416 variable speed lathe so anyone please pm me if interested in anything

Apologies Mr Beaufort if I've posted in wrong area and for rambling on but I do miss it.

Happy new year to all and safe turning 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_105202.jpg
    IMG_20231230_105202.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20231230_105357.jpg
    IMG_20231230_105357.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20231230_105154.jpg
    IMG_20231230_105154.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 37

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Andy, it's me with a fettish for Huon pine, also interested in Buck Eye burl, if there's enough....prices and quantities would be good 🙏

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
Hi Andy I’m new to the pen turning world relatively speaking so have some trepidation about turning burr but that Huon pine burr looks really great and I’m definitely interested in acquiring some if poss👍
Alex

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Thank you Bill. Out of the blue but getting there and far luckier than many I saw. Two were under 30!

All I can say to anyone is keep an eye on the weight, check blood pressure regularly and try not to sweat the small stuff 😊

I need to sell off most of my exotic pen blanks but whatever is left I'll pack up and send to you for the wonderful work you do in helping the blind.

Take care 👍

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
All of the Huon pine has gone 👍 and there's a dent in the Buckeye but still plenty to go around.
Photo shows one of best sellers I had and I've got 32 pairs of blanks to sell at £5 a pair plus postage.
Some tricks involved in finishing it but happy to share

Sorry you don't get the pen kit as well 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20231222_215230.jpg
    IMG_20231222_215230.jpg
    945.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20231222_215158.jpg
    IMG_20231222_215158.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 23

RobR

First Name
Robert
Just bought some wood off Andy on the 'bay. Top bloke, and lovely wood.

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Happy New Year to you.

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Thanks Rob👍 just saw your mistral 👍

Thanks also to all that have bought. I'll add more one the buy and sell forum later and also my Axminster Trade 1416 so if anyone looking for a power house lathe with same footprint as standard one. Axminster can't get them or their replacement anymore

Some lucky people about to get even luckier 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20240102_104456.jpg
    IMG_20240102_104456.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
So sorry to hear your news Andy. I wish you a full and speedy recovery, and of course great success in selling off your gear. It looks like you've made a good start already

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Sorry to hear about your health and you have to give up turning do you have any more blanks you need to shift I can take £100 worth of you for our veterans

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
That's very kind of you 👍 I'll take a look around and pm you some photos. I've tried to donate a few as well so hopefully can do the same to help you out👍

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Sorry to hear about your health and you have to give up turning do you have any more blanks you need to shift I can take £100 worth of you for our veterans
Sent some details and pictures on pm. Thanks again Andy

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Sad to hear that you have had to give up the hobby.
I wish you good health for the future. I took up the hobby coming up to two years prior to that I had never tried wood turning. I have never heard off the wood you have mentioned...

Good health to you for the future....