• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Oh happy fault!

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
So in my rush to get another pen turned this evening I decided to do another Solano. Quickly drilled out a blank, a red acrylic. Then glued in tube with 5 min epoxy. Left it for couple of hours then threw it on the lathe to turn to size…suddenly remembered that I'd forgotten to paint inside of the blank. Oh well too late now was my thinking. When turned I whacked it off the lathe and started to assemble only for the tube to come out… glue failure!!! But that’s great cos now I can paint the blank and will re glue and assemble in the morning… hopefully 🤪

Now what else can I do wrong?

… that reminds me, must talk to the missus today 😆

Attachments

• IMG_6088.jpeg
    IMG_6088.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
So in my rush to get another pen turned this evening I decided to do another Solano. Quickly drilled out a blank, a red acrylic. Then glued in tube with 5 min epoxy. Left it for couple of hours then threw it on the lathe to turn to size…suddenly remembered that I'd forgotten to paint inside of the blank. Oh well too late now was my thinking. When turned I whacked it off the lathe and started to assemble only for the tube to come out… glue failure!!! But that’s great cos now I can paint the blank and will re glue and assemble in the morning… hopefully 🤪

Now what else can I do wrong?

… that reminds me, must talk to the missus today 😆
Very nice blank are you acrylic paint??
Did it finished OK....