• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Olive Wood

Jim

Grand Master
That is a smart looking pen John, with a good shape. The grain stands out and looks very nice .. :thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Nice neat lines, good fit and finish, not a bad picture either.
Cant fault it and won't try. nicely done sir

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Olive Wood is absolutely one of the best figured timber I have ever worked with having sourced it locally, from around the world. Was given access to a deserted Olive Grove about 4 hrs away brought home about half a ton of real experience. Had to be like the girl kissing a thousand frogs before finding the handsome prince. It is slow as to dry the colour pops up where you least expect it and can dissapear as you turn it. When I learn how to post I will show a few of my pens made of Olive from different sources.

Go for it and if you can buy top quality reasonably priced way to go especially folks in the UK with closish access to mediteranean countries and old trees already cut and dry.

Kind regards Peter..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).