• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

mikeh

First Name
Michael
just bought 5 omega kits from Dans,need some decent blanks to do them justice.any ideas friends?:thinks:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
It has to be wood, surely..

They are a good kit and stand up to anything you throw at em TBH.

There is a great selection of Acrylics on the market now, but each to their own.

I like Bocote, amboyna and a good old uk wood of Hornbeam.. Especially if it's spalted. Sweet.

mikeh

First Name
Michael
thanks Eamonn,been trawling the net but can not find any one keeping bocote or amboyna blanks cheers mike

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I could name a hundred or two exciting timbers Quake has shown the way with purchased plastic naming every one he does, wonderful platform for overall choices with these two products. I think making a note as you progress will give you so much choice in what you make pens with. In fact overtime you will have collected so much to choose from.

Now Makers of blanks, sellers of timber just on the forum gives huge choices, talk to Neil about Olive etc. Have fun and tell us your progress Michael already you have missed talking to Dan a source to help with your selections.

With respect Peter.:thumbs:

presenter2000

Apprentice Member
First Name
bill
I have made quite a few of this kit which looks good when finished. I have made equal numbers of acrylic and wood. Personally with this kit I prefer the acrylics as it is a modern looking kit but I have also had good results with wild mango and Thulya burr

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).