• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
After nearly 50 years of using a Chop Saw I thought I had them mastered ☹️
BE AWARE THESE THINGS BITE ?

Attachments

• 9DBBBBDC-A5BD-4805-9717-4D2B3C482AE7.jpg
    9DBBBBDC-A5BD-4805-9717-4D2B3C482AE7.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 42

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
You are one lucky boy.... There not normally that generous!!
In all seriousness I hope its not too bad and heals quickly... :praying::praying:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
You are one lucky boy.... There not normally that generous!!
In all seriousness I hope its not too bad and heals quickly... :praying::praying:

Healed very well mate just a loss of sensation. I felt such a p**ck just lowered my concentration for a split second and WHAM it got me. I still don’t know how but hey ho at least I didn’t cut it off :fingers:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Most definitely ouch. I got bitten with my lathe chuck the other day luckily not as bad as your finger. I bet you said a few choice words

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Most definitely ouch. I got bitten with my lathe chuck the other day luckily not as bad as your finger. I bet you said a few choice words

I swore a bit but the difficult thing to deal with was my stupidity on how it happened. I can’t really remember what I done wrong I am always so careful when operating machines. I was a Health and Safety Inspector in my past so I am aware of the risks. Took nearly 12 hours in two hospitals to get sorted.

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Gosh you were lucky there Vic, those things don’t normally take prisoners. To be honest as I get older I find myself using machines less and less ( lathes excepted) Hand tools are so much more forgiving and usually just as quick if properly sharpened.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
That lack of concentration for a split second. We’ve all been there at one time or another. I’ve got the tee shirt.:sob:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Sade mate awful experience,my bad was the fortieth cut of aluminium I trembled the blade broke of in the aluminium and the shaft stuffed up. Glad you are on the mend all I had was a change of underwaear.
:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).