• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

painters tape ?

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Hi Pierre,
As Bob said it's in Eire. We had a couple of days in Donegal and went visiting different spots.
On the day we visited Sligo it was showery all day and was a bit wintery on the way back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel, it was up to the room for an Irish coffee and a choc. biccie.
The 2 pics show us on the road back to the hotel, and a view out the window when we got there. The boat in the harbour is the waterbus that took us around Donegal Bay the next day.

take care
Don W
sligo_1.jpg
sligo_2.jpg

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Hi Pierre,
As Bob said it's in Eire. We had a couple of days in Donegal and went visiting different spots.
On the day we visited Sligo it was showery all day and was a bit wintery on the way back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel, it was up to the room for an Irish coffee and a choc. biccie.
The 2 pics show us on the road back to the hotel, and a view out the window when we got there. The boat in the harbour is the waterbus that took us around Donegal Bay the next day.

take care
Don W
QUOTE]

Now Don Why would you, an inhabitant of Scotland a well known rainy place with midges, want to visit Ireland, another well known rainy place with iffy whiskey? When in all reality you could have visited the S of France, a well known rainy place with good wines and where the whisky is probably cheaper!! I dunno you youngsters all the same .....:winking:

PG

PS and the bread is better!!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I use a lot of gaffer tape when I send a parcel keeps the customs on their toes anyone who gets a parcel from me will know just how.

Peter.

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Thanks for that Pierre :thumbs: I will treat that as an invitation :winking:
The bread was ok but the afternoon scones were out of this world :tongue: They know how to make them :thumbs:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
The bread was ok but the afternoon scones were out of this world They know how to make them
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Thank for this postLikes Like this post Send PM

They certainly are Don I remember my old mum hailed from Eire and the cooking of what she called Murphies bread and we in Scotland call Tattie Bread was great and have fond memories of home made wheatening bread and soda bread with scones to die for.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).