• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Peacock feathers

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
There’s also this one as wel.

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
We do these Pecock Feathers label cast blanks if that’s any good?
There’s also this one as wel.
Thanks for the reply, Paul. Label cast would be my second choice if I can't get real feathers.
I will ask the chap to see if the labels will suffice.

Alan

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
Unfortunately Peacock feathers change their refractive properties when wet by the resin and go dark so don't look like much of anything. The big eyes in the tail feathers are, like Garetine said, too stiff to put on a tube. Those are the main reasons why you don't find casters using them much. You might have to fall back on your number two option of the label casts.

Pete

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Unfortunately Peacock feathers change their refractive properties when wet by the resin and go dark so don't look like much of anything. The big eyes in the tail feathers are, like Garetine said, too stiff to put on a tube. Those are the main reasons why you don't find casters using them much. You might have to fall back on your number two option of the label casts.

Pete
Interesting. Peacock seems such an obvious feather to cast with - now I know why it's not used. Thanks Pete.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Hi Alan, you can order the 6 & depending on how soon you want them, we can cast them tomorrow or if you’re not desperate for them sometime between Christmas & New year. If you want to discuss further, send me a message via our website.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).