• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen case size

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Has any one tried to fit an Empress size pen into any of these boxes.

1. Here
2. Here
3. Here

I think number 2 looks best but just want to know how it fits

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
Can't comment on the sizing but I've had a couple of the second pic ones from a different source. Not convinced by the quality at all, built cheap, feels cheap, looks cheap. I'll be buying something different next time myself.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
The interior space is about the same in all of them. 1 and 3 are pretty flakey. I use 2 a lot and an omega or a virage, which is quite chunky (finished size on mine are about 15mm) will just fit if you take care to make sure the clip isn't facing directly up. I'm not sure how big the empress is, but I believe it's even fatter I think, so the answer to your question is probably no, it won't fit in any of them.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
The interior space is about the same in all of them. 1 and 3 are pretty flakey. I use 2 a lot and an omega or a virage, which is quite chunky (finished size on mine are about 15mm) will just fit if you take care to make sure the clip isn't facing directly up. I'm not sure how big the empress is, but I believe it's even fatter I think, so the answer to your question is probably no, it won't fit in any of them.

If you're using #2 Phil and you reckon it's ok I've either got them mixed up or a lower quality one from somewhere. Where do you usually source them from ?

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you guys. Are there any other cases that are on the larger size to take the thickness of the Empress type pen

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The American trend is to supersize everything, people, pens etc your best bet lies there initially. My son in law who lives there wears 8X shirts since 16 yrs of indulgence.

Peter.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I don't believe there is a "off the shelf" pen box that would fit the Empress to be honest Derek.

I have an Empress kit that Vic gave me that is the same size as the Emperor kits I have. I make my own for those pens as never found anything big enough..

Must get around to doing the Empress Vic..:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).