• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Display Stands

trapper

Registered
Tony, Thats a very valid point and definitely part of my thoughts. Equally, it does prove there is a market and certainly no point in competing solely on price, simply you cannot compete with the likes of chinese manufacturing. Thats why I'm looking at more bespoke items i.e made to order based upon modular designs and aspiring to high quality and personalised items.

Jim

Grand Master
What i like about these is that they only have the four slots, this for me is much better for photos .. :bwink:

trapper

Registered
Franchini Pss prototype pen stand

Here's apic of a rough working prototype of the single pen stand. This is made in 5mm clear plexiglass This one was cut on a bandsaw simply to get some ides together. real ones would be cnc produced although I think a laser cutter is really worth considering...... any thoughts?

Untitled.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
I hate to say it Steve, but it looks bulky? I know its only the start, but the main use for a single would be to take photos of ... Maybe the clip end of the stand could be raised, this would be a better angle for taking the pictures ... Keep with it my friend ... :thumbs:

trapper

Registered
thanks Jim I tend to agree...... i'm thinking more single rail heat bent maybe 10 mm difference in each support

trapper

Registered
Nope, a I did this one whilst waiting for a load of people to turn up for a meeting regarding the workshop project the base was an old template for something cant remember what. The risers chop off from each end of the blank as I say just a sizing and idea session it works in a clumsy way but not good enough needs to be more delicate and less obvious. Also shows the need to "polish" the cuts in the plastic hot air gun works well hence the laser cut comment do it once and be done!! Tomorrow its a back to pens cutlery handles and write ups might also do some work on the engraving machine I need to learn some programming tweaks chassis built but like a ferrari with no engine:rolling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).