• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Turning Newbie

KiltedScot99

Apprentice Member
First Name
Stuart
I'm slightly tempted by your assertion, but quite apart from the fact that you're completely wrong, you're never going to be right until you can embrace the pronunciation of the letter aitch and reduce your reliance on the use of the letter T, until you can accept that not all tea needs to be capable of standing the spoon up in it, and until you can get past the fact that you're not really that good at cricket.

See above:devil:

Aryeshire - a fine place. I'm just up the road (in Scottish terms) near Fort William. Again, welcome to the forum.

There should be no standing of a spoon in tea.. coffee however there should be no falling over of the spoon :goesred: .. ah Fort William pretty sure I have passed there a few times this summer.

Thank you all for the welcomes I hope to see some of your work soon :winking:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Good Afternoon guys/girls.

I'm Stuart.
I'm 28.
Im from Scotland.
I am new to pen turning.
Here to get some tips and tricks and show off my pens along with helping others out if I can.

You are 28!
Quick, run. Get out of Scotland while you can and young enough to see other parts of the world and realise that neeps and tattoos and haggis is just wrong.

You are from Scotland.!
There is a great road out of it and you can escape the boredom of men wearing skirts and making out that they are all "hard men so we are"

You are new to pen turning!
If you were living in "Gods country" it wouldn't help ya. It's just too late and you are heading done the slippery slope do ya Ken.

Tips and tricks!
Most of them on here would trick you out of your pens, tools and equipment, so watch ya back do ya Ken.

As for tips most of them will do anything if you tip them enough..:funny:

Oh! Welcome on board and get posting pics of your work.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Yet another welcome from the deepest SE of England or should that be the Garden of England.

Don't be afraid to post any woodworking that you do as it is always nice to see what others have made or even what they are making.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).