• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Videos

L33

First Name
Lee
Not sure of the rules around posting these kind of links, but I like watching videos like this and Im guessing others may too...so because of that, I posted this link :)

A hobby of mine is making videos, mainly for a bit of fun but I have a youtube channel where I post woodworking projects I make...(I once built a pinball machine and get asked to put up gaming videos, so there are gaming videos on there)...but also a lot of woodworking videos that may be of interest to some.

Anyhow, I don't usually post links on forums, but I recently made a couple of videos on pen kits...not instructionals...more about showing the kits and assembly really. Ive posted a link below for anyone who may be interested in watching...I have just the 2 pen kit videos so far, the TM Zeta and the TM Epsilon. As and when I buy or make a kit, I'll add a video...so if you've never tried a particular kit and wondered what was involved or what they look like, then perhaps the videos may be of interest.

Apologies in advance for the background music to the videos...I make the music myself and I realise the music isn't everyones cup of tea...but the alternative is me talking over the video and I much prefer the music than listening to my own voice :)

Anyhow, here is the link...feedback always interests me...good or bad :)
https://youtu.be/f3ArqXyFAWs

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Hi Lee,

That was a great video, nicely edited. The pen looks great.
I also thought the Micromesh holder is brilliant idea. I'm always having to work out which order they go and that holder will solve that problem.

Regards
Paul

L33

First Name
Lee
Hi Lee,

That was a great video, nicely edited. The pen looks great.
I also thought the Micromesh holder is brilliant idea. I'm always having to work out which order they go and that holder will solve that problem.

Regards
Paul

Cheers...The MM holder is a huge help...Im trying to find a better material as this is only MDF so I can't store them wet etc. But other than that...it makes sanding so much easier.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
The video was very nicely done. Not over keen on the music but it wasn't too bad. :wink: pen turned out nicely, I like a happy ending!

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I just watched "conker" and "mason bee" and the music was better on those. Get yourself an ER32 collet chuck secured with a drawbar for turning small stuff rather than using a drill chuck. Only about £15 on eBay plus another fiver for a collet.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Pleasant use of media to introduce a product, it conveys the purpose well, music is so much better and controlled than many people use. Clear and helpful, many thanks.

Peter.

L33

First Name
Lee
I just watched "conker" and "mason bee" and the music was better on those. Get yourself an ER32 collet chuck secured with a drawbar for turning small stuff rather than using a drill chuck. Only about £15 on eBay plus another fiver for a collet.

Thanks for the collet tip...agree about the Mason Bee song...but my favourite song Ive done so far (not sure if you've seen it or not) is the Business Card video...somebody even asked where I purchased the track from haha...so It must be okay :)

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).