• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Petition

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Done Paul.

I was aware of the lack of regs as my brother has kept an American red tailed hawk (I think that's what it is) for a number of years now.
I know he looks after it well, has a decent aviary and flight cage and it's out regularly.

Looks pretty vicious to me and I certainly wouldn't want to handle it, especially if it's feeding time.:nonono:

Bob

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Done Paul.

I was aware of the lack of regs as my brother has kept an American red tailed hawk (I think that's what it is) for a number of years now.
I know he looks after it well, has a decent aviary and flight cage and it's out regularly.

Looks pretty vicious to me and I certainly wouldn't want to handle it, especially if it's feeding time.:nonono:

Bob

Thanks Bob, a red tail, is usually a Buzzard.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Thanks Bob, a red tail, is usually a Buzzard.

Yes I think that is what he said first time I saw it. Beautiful bird but a bit big for me.

we visited a bird of prey centre in South Africa which had well over a hundred birds, all rescues I believe and one of them which I handled was a one eyed buzzard which had been hand reared. It cuddled into your neck like your pet cat or dog would.

Also found out just how sharp a barn owls tallons are when one of them perched on my head:funny:

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
Signed... I'm a huge Animal lover (but not in..." I'm on a register" way) I prefer Animals to people sometimes and abhor cruelty of any sort, I know someone who has a barn owl as a pet and the poor thing never gets flown properly it really should not be allowed!!!

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
Sprinkle pepper on your plants that will keep them away
I would mind so much if they did dig it in but they don't and they particularly like to sit on and flatten my Drains plants and shit on them.
Ollible bastards they are, I have a super powered water pistol they don't like when i can catch em with it, one day it'll be the air rifle, would've been sooner but there don't no meat on when the fur is off.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).