• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

photographs

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Thanks Phil and Bob,
I used to get the pictures from my camera via the lead provided onto Fine pics, seems that is defunct, same with the phone. Although both came up this time on the laptop, then I could not find them again. As I think I mentioned I have done three, gave a blank to my son, of the serpentine pens using a drink can alloy. Today I finished one of two segmented ones with the wee brick effect. Nothing startling but a first for me so quite pleased with the result.
I am just about to watch those things you sent Bob, Thanks again both.:whistling:

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Hi again Phil and Bob,
after much messing about I have found the pictures, that were hiding. They were in My Pictures all the time. Just too old (or thick!) for this computer stuff. The brain just does not want to take in new things anymore, and memory, well!!:rolling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Bill there is something special with the northern hemisphere light we are coming (delayed) into the autumn we love where the light softens and the temperature lowers, prolific growth is not the normal over here for too long the blazing sun and lack of heavy rainfall is apparent.We watch a lot of UK Tv programs especially the ones that tour the countries and enjoy the experience.

I was out to dinner last night and a guy there spent some time in Essex he said he was there for the summer it came on a Thursday I know thats light hearted and frivourless nonetheless the contrast in our countries is great.

Thank you again for your pic.

Peter.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Hi Bill,
My Memory plays me up too in fact it frustrates me yesterday twice I walked into a room with a purpose to get something but could not remember what it was. An other thing that annoys me is quiz shows I know the answers to some of the questions but they will not come to the fore but they are in there somewhere.
Peter we are a lot further north than Essex and more on a latitude with Norway the climate is different up here our temperature can range from -28 C to 25 C in June it never gets dark and you can walk about without artificial light anytime of the night as we are closer to the land of the midnight sun. When I have visited NSW on several occasions what fascinated me was the time between sunset and darkness seemed like minutes it was like someone had switched the light off where as in the UK it is far more gradual.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Thanks Steven yes HDR over 5 shots 2 under 2 over it is difficult to catch what you see with the human eye on a camera as the eye has a far greater dynamic range than any camera the colours on this shot are quite real as at certain times of the year they look just like this in the highlands. I did not mean to hijack the thread but thought Bill would appreciate a wee bit of home.

Would a DSLR have this HDR on it?

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Hi Mark,

Some of the modern DSLR do have a HDR setting they take 3 shots at once and merge into one. The shot I took was on a DSLR on a tripod and manual settings I can not remember what software I used to merge into one shot think it was Photomatix but you can use Photoshop. You might not have to go the HDR route if you shoot Raw instead of jpg as you have far more control over dynamic range especially with lightroom or Adobe Raw I find myself not using HDR so much these days if at all.

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Yes Bob, a brilliant picture and appreciated. Memory aye! Actors and actresses that we see on the tele, we know their names fine well but they just will not come, then in the middle of the night like a bolt from the blue, my wife Margaret does not like it if I wake her up to tell her I have remembered some stars name.

Yes Peter, I think we must all like seeing how things are in other countries. At the moment I have been watching a thing on the wonderful fish on, in, the great barrier reef. Beautiful.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Bill,
My Memory plays me up too in fact it frustrates me yesterday twice I walked into a room with a purpose to get something but could not remember what it was. An other thing that annoys me is quiz shows I know the answers to some of the questions but they will not come to the fore but they are in there somewhere.
Peter we are a lot further north than Essex and more on a latitude with Norway the climate is different up here our temperature can range from -28 C to 25 C in June it never gets dark and you can walk about without artificial light anytime of the night as we are closer to the land of the midnight sun. When I have visited NSW on several occasions what fascinated me was the time between sunset and darkness seemed like minutes it was like someone had switched the light off where as in the UK it is far more gradual.

Bob for many years where she married eventually our third daughter lived in Hawaii about 5 pm just that bang dark even more mysterious. I remember taking pics in Glasgow at 11 pm in 1985 one of my ancestors came from Pollack Shaws my name family from Just outside but now part of Greater Edinburgh I froze there in late spring there was never any doubt why the Emmigrated to Australia in 1842. Very soon I feel we will go into our winter heavy frosts after record highs this summer nor sure which is more debilitating. The northern areas you mentioned are not for the fainthearted how do you ever get the kids to go to bed and stay there?.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).