• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Piano Key

Lainey

First Name
Elaine
Very nice Paul ! Certainly one of a kind ! I think the pink compliments the ebony perfectly !
Lainey

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
I likethis a lot mate. The contrast between the two is very nice. I think the pink ivory lends itself to this very well, as a plain wood, wouldn't look as effective. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
We in our family thoroughly enjoyed Mick Aston in Time Team with Tony Robinson right the way through the series it was a must see program at all times he brought a great presence to and uplifted the series in many ways with his knowledge, wisdom and all round beaut guy.We loved his jumpers felt from time to time a haircut was in order. Our impressions of England remain its raining must be in England somewhere. They perservered in atrocious conditions surprised he passed at 66 yrs of age. Adds interest indeed to the pen and IMHO the dash of pink on your pen entirely in keeping with the flamboyant colours Mick wore. Of course he never made the piano key but the association priceless.

Thanks Paul.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Yep, a nice pen, Paul.
That ref to 100m - is this metres or miles? Although I enjoyed watching Time Team (except for that prat from Blackadder!) they had no time for the other love of my life - metal detecting. They and their like view us as a bunch of robbers - this despite the fact that most of the museums in the country would be bloody empty if it weren't for our efforts!

Bob.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
ha ha, its meters Bob. I'm also not a fan of Tony Robinson who looks down his nose at you unless you've got something directly to do with him.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nice looking with the contrasting materials.
A bit hard to see any grain or coloring in the dark material.

Les

Its Ebony Les which doesn't normally carry a lot of grain especialy when used for piano keys as they want them pure black. Having said that there is more brown grain in this than some of the other ebony I have.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Its all in the staining Paul with the keys. Also found Tony grating and smartarsing others reminded me of a Comedians MC he had a job to do, was needed the others guys kept him in line on the job reducing the grandstanding aspect of Tony,s task. So many things to like on the program I dont do devining or detecting but found a sort of reverence the way they handled coins. When you consider how far the accents in the various players in the program departed from the norm I felt they did well to be understood at all from time to time.

Grateful again for the connection to the program thanks for the memories mate.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).