• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Plank storage

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Your rack is it some kind of Pine mate our common use pine is Radiata grown all around us used for trusses etc.

It's just made from cheap £2 a 2.4m length of 63x38mm CLS Peter as it was the cheapest timber of this size that I could find, I guess it is just fast grown spruce :nooidea:

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
A nice elegant solution which if you don't mind I might borrow.

I do have one small observation, I notice that you have left many of your pieces touching face to face and given that the solution was to overcome a single skin wall I suspect you may get high humidity in winter, if so you run the risk of mould between the least used pieces, I would recommend that you interleave each piece with a thin sticker 5mmx5mm at 50cm intervals so as to allow air to circulate between each piece and avoid mould. If you were outside then it would be 10 or 15mm pieces. Just a thought .

PG

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I do sticker timber that needs it Pierre

7A3FD0B9-771A-4CBF-BB1B-231BC6012DB8_zps9dbee19e.jpg

But the timber in the new rack is dry enough that it doesn't need stickers

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).