• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
I have just booked a table for a Chrsitmas Fair, and for the first time I've been asked if I have PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE.
What do you think?????
Glen:sob::sob:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
If you sell in public you need PLI, if someone trips up on your table leg and breaks a few teeth, you could be liable. I am surprised it's the first time you have been asked for it if you normally sell at Fairs etc.

Peter

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
Way things are now days I would be game to have a stall with out PLI.:thinks:
It's one of those insurances that you hope you'll never have to use, and in all probability you never will and you could go for years paying the premium and never use it. However, there's no accounting for other people's stupidity. The one time someone stabs themselves in the eye with one of your pens and thinks you're to blame because you didn't tell them not to. I mean, an example of stupidity catered for by the BBC, they put out a warning on live shows that involve the viewing public calling in to the show, not to call if they're watching the show on a catchup service. I mean how thick would you have to be to think you could still call after the programme has finished :rolling:

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I mean, an example of stupidity catered for by the BBC, they put out a warning on live shows that involve the viewing public calling in to the show, not to call if they're watching the show on a catchup service. I mean how thick would you have to be to think you could still call after the programme has finished :rolling:

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The mind boggles :nooidea::nooidea::nooidea:

Just imagine the world in 50 years time.:scratch_head::scratch_head:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Allot of organisers won't allow you to have a table unless you have. PLI now. They will want to see a copy of the certificate.

The mind boggles :nooidea::nooidea::nooidea:

Just imagine the world in 50 years time.:scratch_head::scratch_head:

I would probably still watching catch up to from 50 years ago..:funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
One of the benefits of Wood Guild here in Canberra is the blanket coverage when selling. Separate insurance can be bought from the Clubs insurer for good rates. Bit like not insuring, car, house etc always a day of reckoning.

Peter.

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
Now got 12months insurance with Graham Sykes Stallholders Insurance £47
Thank to everyone who responded

Glen:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
What annoys me most is being asked for insurance and being told that you will not get a stall unless you have it then when you talk to other stall holders they have not got it so how do they get in. The mind boggles.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).