• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polishing Wheel

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
very nice indeed and if you give me a visiting order I promise to come and see you Jim.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Not necessarily so Ed. What it means is changing from state to another in a crude explanation. It can make single phase ac operate like 3 phase ac by chopping the sinusoidal waveform up (which is the most common form) at different phase angles. LOL:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Yeh ! OK got it !:fart:

Mr Finch

First Name
Coll
Could someone explain what the heck an inverter is, apparently Ive got one on my axminster 1416, its next to the on off switch, I know what that is. The only inverter I have come across that I know how it works is ten pints of Abbot Ale, cracking inverter that!

Neil - that's COnverter. It's converts a 4 into a 9... ;)

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Not necessarily so Ed. What it means is changing from state to another in a crude explanation. It can make single phase ac operate like 3 phase ac by chopping the sinusoidal waveform up (which is the most common form) at different phase angles. LOL:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I could have done with chopping my sinusoidal waveform up. I had a stinking cold and then my sinusoidals played up.

Jim

Grand Master
Buffing wheel now up and running in my shed .. Not used it yet though.. Running off a speed inverter ..

allen_bradley.jpg

buffing_wheel.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Jim, What is the polish you are using and what will you fit in the chuck on the other end? it looks the part mate and I do like the size for pens.

Peter.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Peter, what is in the chuck is part of a package that came from Axminster Tools for woodwork polishing. See It Here The chuck is secondary and was put on for me by the lad who built me it up .. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Take care with that red mop Jim they are used to de burr metal and to remove rusk and the likes also to give stainless steel a satin finish

Lainey

First Name
Elaine
I love seeing alternative uses for things ( is this where the alternating bit comes in Terry?) why do I feel disappointed that my polishing machine is, and always has been ...a polishing machine ! I presume it's single phase sinusoidal waveform must still be in tact ! I was on the hunt for an old washing machine motor to convert ( using a special arbour/pigtail) when I found the real thing for good price . I bet you're really pleased with yours Jim !

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).