• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polytek easyflo resin

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Hi All,

Big thanks to Forum member Melanie (Fingwe) for pointing out this product in one of her posts.

It seems to be a problem getting hold of Alumilite clear in the UK. We can get Amazing clear which is OK but takes a while to cure plus is very expensive in the small quantities it comes in

So I bought 500ml kit of Polytek to try and I really like it, just wished it had a slightly longer pot life, 2 minutes goes very quickly.

Polytek Resin - YouTube

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
Glad you found it useful. The 2 minute work time is a pain, as are the bubbles....I think I timed it, and it sets in exactly 2 mins 30 seconds for me, which just gives me time to put it in the vacuum chamber to get rid of most of the bubbles - but only if I'm using a single colour. Incidentally, if you're buying in larger quantities, it works out a lot cheaper to get it from here EasyFlo Clear

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Glad you found it useful. The 2 minute work time is a pain, as are the bubbles....I think I timed it, and it sets in exactly 2 mins 30 seconds for me, which just gives me time to put it in the vacuum chamber to get rid of most of the bubbles - but only if I'm using a single colour. Incidentally, if you're buying in larger quantities, it works out a lot cheaper to get it from here EasyFlo Clear

Hi Melanie,
I think I would struggle if I had to use my vacuum chamber. The pressure pot is a easier option and no bubbles.

I will definitely be buying in larger quantities. Not sure what is happening with links in posts. I click on it and it takes me back to forum front page??

Anyway, for now this is definitely my new Alumilite.

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
Hi Paul,

Yes, a pressure pot is probably a better option. I just haven't got around to getting all of the fittings for mine (plus I'm a bit scared of it).

Not sure what happened to the link either, maybe this will work, just put the www back in front mouldlife.net/easyflo-clear-1091-p.asp

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
No problem - the price is certainly a head turner in comparison to the other clear polyurethanes out there. I haven't ordered the Polytek from them, but the datasheet is the same, so it's the same stuff. I have ordered other resins from them before without problems.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thank you both for the conversation, Paul for the outstanding Videos ,loved the finished results ,so informative.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).