• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polyurethane and Polymer Clay

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Yet again another Pencil, I've got tons of them to get rid off. I thought I would experiment with polymer clay and polyurethane resin and for 7 blanks out of that cast, I really need to to make a 1 blank mould. Two pieces came apart and 1 was a straight CA back in, the other had lost some PC so I just just CA to pack it with CA. The Polymer clay was not as hard as the resin and in places it is lower than the resin where it has been sanded.

Peter

View attachment 30504
View attachment 30505
View attachment 30506
View attachment 30507

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I suppose I should have made it clear that the polymer clay is the red white and blue bits, which I made into ribbons folded around and placed in the mould then cooked in the oven for 30 minutes then the PU was added to the mould and put in the pressure pot.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).