• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Problems wearing a face mask

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I find the full covering Air Shields restrictive and sometimes closterphobic? to use but from now on will look for the spray from motor cycle shops.

Kind regards Peter.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
When turning some woods i wear a face mask which covers my nose and mouth, but when wearing one of these my glasses steam up and i then can't see the work in front of me? How do you combat this. :nooidea:

Les Thorne recommends this one from Turners Retreat, you'll find it on their web site under the odd description of Mask 16" to 19", here's the description:

Developed by a woodturner for fellow woodturners. New concept in lung protection against non-toxic dust. Adjustable to fit all face shapes including beards. Easy to breathe and talk through, does not fog glasses. Can be washed, disinfected and re-used. Initial masks are still going strong after 5 years. Made in USA.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Les Thorne recommends this one from Turners Retreat, you'll find it on their web site under the odd description of Mask 16" to 19", here's the description:

Developed by a woodturner for fellow woodturners. New concept in lung protection against non-toxic dust. Adjustable to fit all face shapes including beards. Easy to breathe and talk through, does not fog glasses. Can be washed, disinfected and re-used. Initial masks are still going strong after 5 years. Made in USA.

I have just taken a look at this https://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/products/safety-supplies/safety-supplies/mask-to-neck-size-15 it may look as thou it is over priced but i do believe that if it does what it says it is well worth the money. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).