• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

ProX Cat's Eye

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is my first ProX kit from Signature Pen Supply, in antique bronze. The blank is an acrylic acetate called Cat's Eye. I really like the kit, it has some interesting details. The Cat's Eye blank is very nice, and compliments the pen well. Overall, very happy with the look of this one.

I have no idea why the photos didn't upload in order. I've noticed this forum does that sometimes.

Attachments

• done09.JPG
    done09.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 49
  • done10.JPG
    done10.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 50
  • done11.JPG
    done11.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 52
  • done05.JPG
    done05.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 51
  • done04.jpg
    done04.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 52
  • done12.JPG
    done12.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 51
  • done07.JPG
    done07.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 51
  • done08.JPG
    done08.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 52

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
After I pressed in the clip holder, I noticed the clip was raised off the pen. I disassembled it, bent it a little, and pressed it back in. Much better.

Attachments

• clip01.jpg
    clip01.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 49
  • clip02.JPG
    clip02.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 50

angelo49

Registered
First Name
Angelo
Very Nice Jim****:thumbs:
After I pressed in the clip holder, I noticed the clip was raised off the pen. I disassembled it, bent it a little, and pressed it back in. Much better.
I had to do the same thing with the last one I made.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I was into precious stones etc for a long time and cats eyes bring back happy memories of fossicking, cutting etc. Love the blank , the pen is as you have a habit well turned and presented, thank you.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Personally Jim a relaxed clip is far better than many too tight ones , on some kits excess pulling them open makes them loose and spin on the pen something to be avoided IMHO.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).