• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Purple Maple Burr

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi Pen Folk.

It's been quite a long time since I made a pen, due to various commitments, and I haven't been on here much as a result. Good to see a lot of nice looking pens have been posted since I was last on here.

I do plan to get back in the workshop this week and, given that Phil is about to roll out a brand new version the Forum shortly, I thought id better post something now whilst I still now how to do it.

(This pen is one I made a little while ago).

Earlier this year bought a load of purple dyed maple burr blanks which are all relatively similar. However one blank really stood out due to the figure and variety of colour. So I took a bit of time thinking about it and decided to make this pen with a clip as I am keeping it for myself.

It has 13mm triple lead threads and both cap and barrel are tapered.

Its fully lined using acrylic and has sterling silver accents. The clip is a Beaufort Ink model G chrome plated steel.

Nib is an 18K Solid gold rhodium plated Jowo no 6. Feed by c/c.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_4888.jpgIMG_4889.jpgIMG_4891.jpgIMG_4894.jpgIMG_4896.jpgIMG_4898.jpgIMG_4901.jpgIMG_4906.jpg

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
That's pure class!! The maple has so much going on in it with the various colours and figure paired really nicely with the purple acrylic, she has to be a keeper!! :drool::drool:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Gole standard pen Ash, worth the number of pics,I was going to tease with not enough of them. I like gooed clear ones very much. Surely worthy of your topn shelf,good to see you back mate.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).